Friday, April 24, 2009
One of the Boys
Katy Perry
I saw a spider
I didn't scream
'Cause I can belch the alphabet
Just double-dog-dare me
And I chose guitar over ballet
And I'll take these suckers down
Cause they just get in my way
The way you look at me
Is kinda like a little sister
You high-five your goodbyes
And it leaves me nothing but blisters
Chorus:
So I don't wanna be one of the boys
One of your guys
Just give me a chance to prove to you tonight
That I just wanna be one of the girls
Pretty in pearls
Not one of the boys
So over summer
Something changed
I started reading Seventeen and shaving my legs
And I study "Lolita" religously.
And I walked right into school and caught you staring at me
'Cause I know what you know
But now you're gonna have to take a number
It's okay
Maybe one day
But not until you give me my diamond ring
'Cause I don't wanna be one of the boys
One of your guys
Just give me a chance to prove to you tonight
That I just wanna be your homecoming queen
Their poster dream
Not one of the boys
I wanna be a flower, not a dirty weed
I wanna smell like roses, not a baseball team
And I swear maybe one day
You're gonna wanna make out
Make out
Make out
With me
Repeat chorus
Katy Perry
I saw a spider
I didn't scream
'Cause I can belch the alphabet
Just double-dog-dare me
And I chose guitar over ballet
And I'll take these suckers down
Cause they just get in my way
The way you look at me
Is kinda like a little sister
You high-five your goodbyes
And it leaves me nothing but blisters
Chorus:
So I don't wanna be one of the boys
One of your guys
Just give me a chance to prove to you tonight
That I just wanna be one of the girls
Pretty in pearls
Not one of the boys
So over summer
Something changed
I started reading Seventeen and shaving my legs
And I study "Lolita" religously.
And I walked right into school and caught you staring at me
'Cause I know what you know
But now you're gonna have to take a number
It's okay
Maybe one day
But not until you give me my diamond ring
'Cause I don't wanna be one of the boys
One of your guys
Just give me a chance to prove to you tonight
That I just wanna be your homecoming queen
Their poster dream
Not one of the boys
I wanna be a flower, not a dirty weed
I wanna smell like roses, not a baseball team
And I swear maybe one day
You're gonna wanna make out
Make out
Make out
With me
Repeat chorus
3:13 PM